"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Selfishness Abounds

You know how I've been in a funk lately? You know how I've been kinda sad and in a weird place? Well, after a much needed devotional time this morning God gently pointed out that it was all rooted in my selfishness. I was the problem, who would have known?

I certainly didn't. I kept thinking, it isn't me. It's the kids not behaving, or God isn't answering my prayers, or I deserve time to myself. I don't deserve anything except hell, but God in all His wonderful mercy, grace, and love chose to save me from myself and my sins. Even if I sometimes slip back into my old ways. I praise God for the gentle and much needed reminder. God is good!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by! What a very true post. It's amazing what we can do to ourselves, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger.

    Hate it when I find out I've been selfish. Like ya said though, the Lord is so gentle in letting us know.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! I think we all need to be reminded of that every now and then.

    ReplyDelete