"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Sunday, June 22, 2008

We Tried Another One

We went to a new church today, the United Church of Christ.

Now before I go any further I just want to say that these were some of the nicest people I've met in a long time. They welcomed us with open arms.

Now to why we are not going back. Much to our surprise the pastor was a woman and I don't agree with it (1 Timothy 2:12). The pastor also told Derek "We welcome homosexuals with open arms". I'm not saying they don't need God's love because they do! I'm also not saying that they shouldn't be in church, how else will they know that they are living in sin? But by welcoming them into their church without telling them that their behavior is wrong and sinful they are condoning the lifestyle of homosexuality. Which God clearly states is a sin. I just don't want my children growing up thinking that's o.k.

I'm praying for all of these people. I'm also praying that we find a church soon.

5 comments:

  1. I know how discouraging it can be when you are try to finding a good church. When I was growing up we moved a lot so that was always a problem. Have you ever visited a independent fundamental baptist church? if you have one in your area you should give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start praying for God to take you to the right church. It is so important to be where HE wants you!!!!
    R <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Monnie and I'm not sure what she's trying to start, but I am in total agreement with you. The Bible is a book that we were given to live by....and we need to do what it says...not what she says. You keep searching Erica. God has the perfect church family for you....pray and seek His direction. Don't worry about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't trying to start anything actually, I stumbled on your blog when searching for other blogs in Montana. That post struck a nerve in me, and I guess I should have kept it to myself, sorry for making a comment, not sorry for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete