"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Good News! Wonderful News!

Derek and I moved our stuff to a bigger apartment today. It took many trips up and down the elevator, but it was worth it. We have a lot more space.

Why may you ask do we need more space? Because my lovely children are coming to live with us! My Dad and I are driving to Sunnyside to pick them up on Thursday. I can't wait! I will explain how this came about.

I got a phone call yesterday and after hanging up I felt a heaviness settle on me. The heaviness was missing my children so much. I miss every single thing. Even getting woke up before 6 in the morning. I prayed after that phone call. I don't think I could tell you exactly what I prayed, but God understood my heart. I love it when He does that. I talked to Derek about it and we agreed that we'd try to arrange for the kids to live with us. We didn't know if it would work though. Three things needed to happen first.

1) We needed a bigger place. I went to the manager's office here to see if we could transfer. I wasn't sure if it would be possible seeing as how there is a wait list here for apartments. They got back to me later and said they had a 1 bedroom on the 2nd floor. We wouldn't have to worry about people below us, so the kids can play normally and it is off a terrace that we can take the kids to. Problem 1 solved!

2) I needed to make sure it was o.k. with Derek's health. I called his nurse and she told me it was fine and they have resources at S.C.C.A to help us. Problem 2 solved!

3) I wanted to make sure that insurance would still pay for our apartment because the rent was more. I talked to someone at our insurance and found out that they will cover the cost of our rent every month. Problem 3 solved!

This all happened in one day! Not even a full day, more like 4 hours.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

Derek is doing really well right now. He has 2 blood draws a week and 1 clinic appt. a week. The blood draws are to monitor that his counts are coming up and that he is metabolizing his medications the right way. His clinic appt. is kinda funny. Derek is doing so well that when we go they ask him a series of questions, to which Derek answers no to. Then they get his temp, weight, blood pressure, and they look at his mouth. That's the gist of our appts. We might have a couple of others here and there, but those are the majority of our regularly scheduled appts.

I hope everyone is doing well. I appreciate the prayers, help, and support. It is invaluable.

"We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;"
~2 Thessalonians 1:3

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment