School is going great. I'm halfway through the session and so far doing well. If you're a regular at my blog then you know how much of a perfectionist I am. If you're not a regular well then you should be. I've also stated many times how much I struggle with math. It's going well, but to reduce stress my goal is to get a B. All of my other classes my goal is an A. I love school, it's so much fun.
I apologize for my silence. I have to admit I haven't even had time to read anybody's posts. I hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful holiday season. It's so fitting that Thanksgiving falls on Thankful Thursdays. I know I haven't done my regular Wednesday or Thursday posts in awhile, but today I am going to compose a list of the things I am thankful for. Instead of just doing ten, I am going to list and list until I can't think of anything else. If I forget anything, I'm blaming it on the pills :)
- For Derek. We celebrated our 8 year anniversary 2 days ago. I have the greatest husband ever, God really out did Himself when He brought Derek to me.
- For my 3 beautiful, healthy, smart, helpful, and loving children. I couldn't ask for better kids. They make my heart full.
- For my Mama. This woman, let me tell you, is so amazing. I wouldn't be half the person I am today if I hadn't been raised by her. Part 2 of this is how thankful I am for her husband Bill. He has made her so happy and he is taking care of her in a way that she deserves. I can't believe the difference I "hear" in her since she got married. So Bill, thank you for loving my mom and sharing your life with her and teaching her some football :)
- For my Dad. I wrote a bit ago about how God really saved my Dad when he had his stroke. He is getting healthier. He's coming for a visit in a couple of weeks or so and I'm so excited to spend time with him.
- For my sisters. They are such wonderful people and I love them so much. Sarah Diane and Meggie, thank you for your love and friendship.
- For my church family. Let me tell you, the people I attend church with are some of the most wonderful, generous, and Christ-like people I have ever met. I count myself blessed to be able to attend a church where I have genuine, loving friends. To my church family, thank you for your prayers, friendship, love, and generous spirits.
- For my dog Dubs. It may seem silly, but this dog is so amazing. I'm a huge animal lover and need to have animals around me. It was painful for me when I had to give Oscar and Moses away. Getting Dubs has been a balm to my heart. He's loyal, loving, and such a good dog. God blesses us in so many forms.
- For my new iPhone, Rutherford. I love this thing! It's so fun to use and so pretty!
- For new medication that allows me to feel great.
- For prayers. I don't think we'll ever know how these prayers affect our lives, but I know they do in huge ways.
- For my neighbors, Such amazing, helpful people.
- For Christmas. My favorite time of year. People dispute whether Jesus was really born this time of year, but I don't think it matters exactly when He was born. What matters is that we are taking the time from all the craziness and thanking Him for...Him. Celebrating the Lord and His entrance to this world is I believe an essential action. Just sitting back and marveling at everything that is Him. Not asking Him for anything, not expecting Him to do anything, just sitting and loving Him.
- For my house. This house is too small and has odd colors in various rooms, but it is free and warm and home.
- For snow. It's so pretty and fun.
- For football. You had to see that coming :) The Pats are doing great. They look awesome. I get a little superstitious (even though I know it's silly) so I'm not going to mention the Big Game, but I'm thinking about it!
- For the opportunity to go to school and get a degree in something I love.
- That I gained weight. I feel much better now that I'm a little fatter :)
- For Christmas movies. I love them! I can't wait to watch Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch, Frosty, Rudolph, and It's A Wonderful Life. I'll cry and laugh and cheer.
- That we get to put up our tree tomorrow and decorate. It's gonna look like Christmas threw up in my house!
- I don't have to go shopping on "Black Friday". I'm done shopping. Derek is going to buy his present next week (yes you read that right). All we have to do is get stocking stuff.
- Finally, I'm thankful that I know how blessed I am. That I get to be thankful for so many things.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May God bless you!