"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Day Late

Even though I wasn't born yet 32 years ago my life changed. My husband was born, May 23, 1976. I thank God everyday that He chose to bless me with this man. We have the most wonderful marriage, more than I ever thought I would have. Growing up with divorced parents I was always afraid that history was doomed to repeat itself (don't feel bad, Mom). I thought I would end up marrying a guy like my father, but when we put our trust and hearts in God's hands He makes sure history doesn't repeat itself.

When I was a teenager I used to list the qualities I wanted in my husband to God. I listed the normal teenage stuff-good looks, romantic, sensitive...etc. What I didn't realize was that God had him picked out. Even then God knew who he was and was cultivating him to be my husband and a father to our children. I laugh as I look back at that time. The qualities I listed were so superficial. God not only gave me what I wanted for a husband he gave me what I needed. Sometimes Derek is a little too pushy (at least I think so), but I need that. I'm a procrastinator and if Derek didn't push I wouldn't get things done. So pushiness wasn't on the list of husband qualities I desired, but God knew what I needed. I love reflecting days, they make me appreciate what I have.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a dear blog post and I think it is so awesome how God has someone picked out for us even on the day we are born. Sounds like He gave you a great husband:-)

    ReplyDelete