"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Friday, December 9, 2011

In The State Of Being Appalled

I love to read the paper. I also hate to read the paper. I love reading the sports page to find what they aren't saying about Tom Brady and the Patriots. I love to read the funnies each day and I love to be informed. I also hate to be informed. The rest of this blog is probably going to be shocking (I'm going to share some stories I read) to some so if you don't want to read on please exit now, I completely understand if you don't want to read the rest.

I read a story about a mother that after a 7 hour standoff shot her two children who were 10 and 12 and then committed suicide. One of her children died on Wednesday and the other one died yesterday. This isn't the first story I've read even recently about mothers turning on their children. I read another story about a man that lives an hour from Butte who admitted, ADMITTED, to molesting four boys. He received 45 years in prison with 29 suspended. That means he received 16 years in prison. 16 years for ADMITTING to molesting 4 boys. It will take a lot longer than 16 years for those 4 boys to get over being violated. What that man deserves is to be killed. This country can't continue to allow these poisonous individuals to exist in society, prison or not. These are just 2 stories I'm sharing with you, honestly I'd rather not share them, but I had to to make my point. What kind of society are we living in that a mother would kill her children? What kind of society are we living in that our justice system gives an admitted child predator 16 years in prison when several studies have found that sexual offenders can't be rehabilitated? I know that God will have His vengeance. I also know that God has these people in His hands. I'm just so appalled that the state of the human race. The wickedness we humans are capable of makes me sick. I look at God and all His glory and love and can't believe that something He created could be capable of such atrocities. I guess that shows how damaging sin is and just how sick it makes people. I pray for these families. I don't pray for the wicked, even though I know I should. That is something I'll have to work out with God because in my heart I want them to suffer horribly. That is a place my heart shouldn't be.

I had to post about this because of how angry I was. Sorry for my rant. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment