"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just A Little Reminder

I was reading Beautiful In God's Eyes yesterday and Elizabeth George had the verse "This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" I love this verse!

I wrote it out and taped it on the cupboard above my coffee pot. That way first thing in the morning I remember to thank God for the day and rejoice! It worked this morning, I saw the verse and immediately praised God. I think I am going to put verses like that up all over my house. I think I am going to put the verse "and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not unto men" Colossians 3:23, in several places. Above my washer and dryer, above my sink, and maybe where I keep the vacuum. That way I'm reminded that when I'm doing laundry, dishes, or vacuuming I am doing it for the Lord because that is what He called me to. It doesn't matter if I don't get a "thank you" or a "good job" because I'm doing everything "heartily to God". I feel renewed!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, we would do good to remember that He has made all the days and we should rejoice. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete