"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Consumption Should Be My Middle Name

I wrote in my last post about letting things consume me. The problem is that it's all the wrong things. After a much needed fire and brimstone message on Sunday I got to thinking, what if I let God consume me the way I do other things.

I would know the Bible inside and out. The minute anything happened good or bad I would immediately thank and/or pray to God. I'm ashamed to admit I don't already do that consistently. I'm praying that I let God consume every particle of my being. That I not be so easily distracted. Like a kid in a candy store or a toy store. Every shiny bauble catches my attention.

It's a good thing God loves me the way He does and that His forgiveness isn't conditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment