"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Of The Same

I've blogged about writing before. Mostly to keep myself accountable. That did little good however. I have not written much. The fear is still there. It looms every time I sit down to write. I get all of these good stories and sentences in my head and I know I need to write them down, get them out of my head. I sit down and there it is staring me in the face. Fear.

I pray about it, but it doesn't go away. I know why it won't go away, I don't want it to.

I am the type of person that once I start something it utterly consumes me. I don't know how to do things in moderation. When I get a book I have to read it all in one or two sittings. I think the fear with my writing will be that once I give over to the impulse to really write I will complete the stories that have been plaguing me. Then what excuse will I have? None!

Getting published is in God's hands, but I would be lying if I said that's not what I wanted. I do want that, but if it doesn't happen the rejection would be hard to take. Writing is so personal. The stories and characters are such a part of me. I know them. If they reject the story and characters they are rejecting...me.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've told you before...but I think you should have a night of the week where Derek watches the chillins and you go to Starbucks and sit and write.

    Enjoy your time alone. Enjoy writing. And don't think about anything else.

    You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete