"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Saturday, April 30, 2011

Secondhand Pride

I don't do secondhand stores. At least I didn't before. There was something about wearing clothes that someone else had done only who knows what that really creeped me out. Then I had a friend tell me that clothes in department stores have been worn before and who knows what they're doing in the dressing rooms. It was a light bulb-aha moment.

My two big wardrobe cravings are jeans and shoes. Yesterday I decided to go look at the secondhand stores in town to see what they had to offer. I found some awesome stuff! I found 2 pairs of Levis for $12 a piece. I found a couple of really cute shirts, one for $4 and one for $6. I usually can't find one pair of decent jeans for $24 let alone 2! I was pretty proud of myself.

My birthday was 2 weeks from yesterday. It's on Friday the 13th this year. I'm so excited. I only remember it being on Friday the 13th one other time. I'm thinking it's a good time to do a horror movie marathon. I love me some good horror/scary movies. But the BIG reason I'm excited for my birthday is...(drum roll please)...TOWN TALK CAKE! They seriously have the best cake I've ever had. I make myself sick off of it. I get a way bigger cake than I need just so I can gorge myself on it for a week after my birthday (I should be able to catch up on my weight gain then). Then 10 days later Derek gets one! Ya baby!

I got my present yesterday. You all know that Derek and I do our presents like that right? Well, if not that's how we roll. We don't surprise each other either. We ask each other what we want and then we say "Sounds great, go ahead and order it." People think we're insane, but it totally works for us. I'm really weird about buying stuff. I have to research for like a month or so before I commit to a purchase. Derek ordered his present yesterday, he's getting a saw. Anyway, I got a Wii! Ya, it's pretty cool. Only draw back is that it doesn't have an HDMI port! What kind of device doesn't have an HDMI port?!? Seriously! I'll deal though. The kids played a little today and they had fun. I had the wrist strap so tight I think it might've been cutting off circulation (not really). I'm so paranoid about the controller going flying and hitting my nice TV.

Derek and I going out on a date tonight. I'm so excited to spend time with My Hubby AND I get to eat a steak! A nice, juicy, blood rare steak. It's gonna be awesome!

So I found my running shoes, but I haven't tried them on yet. They are just really pretty. So they might be hideously uncomfortable. I'm hoping not though. I haven't decided on the red or purple ones just yet.

Well, I'm gonna sign off and play my Wii now! Have a great Saturday and a great Sunday tomorrow. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. You've never been to a thrift store/second hand store?!?!? Girl you've been missing out in life! Thrift shops are AWESOME!

    By the way, we have the same birthday! I was born on Friday the 13th...hmm...I suppose that makes me bad luck or something? *GRIN*

    What flavor is the cake at Town Talk? I love their chocolate donuts filled with cream in the middle! Mmmm...now I'm hungry!
    Have fun!
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do second-hand stores, but I wash everything before wearing them. Of course I rarely buy shoes from there, just shirts, t-shirts, jeans, jackets ... that's as close as I can get to being open to someones cloths.
    You have a beautiful family I see, and such gorgeous kids. Many blessings from Romania.

    ReplyDelete