Monday, July 16, 2012
You Swallowed What?!?
I'm so worn out right now. At about 4 pm Griz came to me and said he swallowed a watch battery. I looked up online and found that they are really dangerous because the alkali can cause all types of health issues and they can perforate the esophagus. First I called the ER and they said to call the pediatricians and poison control. So I called the pediatricians (both offices), but they were closed. I then called poison control who confirmed what I read on the internet and they told me to take him in. So up we go to the hospital (for the 2nd time in two weeks). It took 3 X-rays for them to see the dang thing only to find out it wasn't a watch battery, but a metal washer. One doctor said he thought it was too big to pass, but he didn't feel comfortable doing a scope on a child. Then they said we might have to go to Missoula, but they wanted to talk to the doctor there. After talking to the doctor in Missoula (which took for freaking ever), they thought it would indeed pass on it's own, but to watch him just in case. So 3 hours later we got home. I have to take him in tomorrow (Wednesday) for a follow up X-ray to see if it's moved. I'm still worried, but I have to trust God that He has Griz in His hands. So that's evening and night. God is good though, in that I am absolutely certain.