"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Friday, April 13, 2007

I don't have a stupid boy

Have you ever heard that Keith Urban song "Stupid Boy"? It's kinda sad. I like the song, but every time I hear it I praise God He led me to my husband, Derek. I couldn't ask for better.

When I was a teenager I used dream and think what my future husband would look like or be like. During this time my sister Sarah was getting married. I was so jealous. I wanted to be married and to a great guy like she married, but since I was still in high school I had a while to wait. So I waited and dated the stupid high school boys that didn't know what romance was, but now that I look back I didn't either. I thought it was about flowers, candy, and presents. That stuff is nice don't get me wrong. Romance to me now in this stage of my life is when my husband rubs my back before bed, does the dishes without being asked, or coming home from work to take care of the kids because I'm sick. When he tells me the house looks nice and dinner was good. These are little things that bless my heart.

The things that make our marriage are being able to pray together or talk about what we just read in our Bible that blessed us.

Sure we argue and don't always see things the same way, but that's how we grow. God matched us so perfectly and I'm glad I waited because I can't imagine life with anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful, Erica?! I love that the Lord has blessed us with men like Josh and Derek!

    I'm with you, I used to think it was flowers and candy and stuff, but now I'm so thankful for my husband who is very much like Derek, does dishes, rubs my back, etc.

    I'd prefer that over flowers any day!

    ReplyDelete