"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, April 19, 2007

You May Have Noticed...

You may have noticed that I changed the title of my blog and if you didn't I will tell you why.

As I sit here and write I feel broken. I started reading a book called Beautiful In God's Eyes by Elizabeth George. This book is all about the Proverbs 31 woman. The perfect woman. I feel broken because as I started reading I realized I am not that woman. I don't even come close. Then questions arise like "Is my husband happy?" "Are my children happy?" "Are they being short changed because of my lack of...character?"

I so desire to become this woman. I want to be the jewel in my husband's crown. I want my children to arise and call me blessed, but how? How would I begin to transform into this virtous woman? I know that first of all I can do nothing, God has to change me, but how I do I begin to let Him?

I was thinking this morning about those women. You know the women I'm talking about. The ones whose homes are immaculate and even though they have 4 kids their kids are immaculate and well behaved. They scrapbook and make perfect roasts.

I realize right now that I sound jealous. It's because I am! I want to be her! By her I mean the Proverbs 31 woman. I do feel broken, I am broken. Maybe that is the first step to becoming her. God has to break me and strip away those things which hinder me from doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment