"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Monday, April 16, 2007

Rock, Paper, Scissors, and Mondays

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My 20 week ultrasound is April 25th and since this will be our last child I wanted the gender to be a surprise, but Derek didn't. We couldn't convince each other of the other's opinions so I thought the way to decide would be to play rock paper scissors, best 2 out of 3. The person that won got to decide whether we found out or not. After a couple of ties Derek won, can you believe that?! I don't know why I picked that stupid game, I always lose. Even when I was a kid Meg and I used to play to decide who did dishes and stuff like that, I always lost and ended up doing the crappy chores. Anyway, Derek said he would let me know his decision, like I don't already know what it will be. I thought I would be relieved that he won because then I could find out (I have least amount of patience of anybody-ever, but that's a different post) but I was just mad that I lost!

So the second half of this post is about Mondays. Most people hate Mondays, but I love 'em! I get to get back into a routine, spend time with my beautiful kids, and clean my house. I miss my husband, but nothing is perfect. I think Mondays signify a fresh start. It doesn't matter what I didn't get done last week, it's what I get done this week. It's wonderful! So I hope you make the most of your Monday and view it as a chance for a fresh start.

1 comment:

  1. So you're going to find out! In a way that's fun. But surprises are fun too. I'm hoping you're having a boy, and for selfish reasons, 'cause I would like to use one of the names you've chosen for a girl! ;)

    As for Mondays, I am with you. I love them! Fresh start. New week. It feels good.

    ReplyDelete