"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What Nobody Tells You About Having Kids

They don't tell you how stressful it is. I don't mean the not sleeping, constant crying, or terrible twos.

I'm talking about the stress of making sure your kids are getting enough Vitamin D and Calcium. That they aren't eating something toxic while your back is turned or picking the baby up while you are in the other room.

The questions are endless. Did I brush their teeth today? Do they get bathes often enough? How much juice is too much? Does Spray 'N' Wash cause permanent eye damage for a 2 year old? Is their car seat buckled in right? Are immunizations really o.k.? How much t.v. is too much t.v.? Is eating soap bad? Am I a good mother? Did I spend enough time with them? Do they know I love them? I could go on forever here.

Then there are the questions that nobody can really answer like, what brand of diapers are best? What pediatrician will be best for my child? It's so stressful.

I just have to give it all to God. I know He knows and loves my children more than I do. I have to trust that He will take care of them and send answers my way when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment