"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Did You Ever Notice?

Did you ever notice how self involved and selfish our society is?

We have magazines with titles like Self and All You. We shop at stores with names like Vanity.

People are too busy to notice the mother with a stroller and her arms full to hold the door open for her. People are too busy or too much in a hurry to notice the elderly having a hard time reaching for something in the grocery store.

These are just a few scenarios that I can think of at this moment. Things I have experienced and seen at one time. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of these things because I know I am. God is showing me daily through my kids how selfish I am and can be.

Matthew 16:24 says: Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

This is a hard thing in its self, but when you have a society aiding narcissism it makes it even harder.

I have to pray daily that God would help me deny myself because I can't do it by myself.

I know that when He gets of rid of me inside me it makes more room for Him. He can fill me up and use me, but He first has to empty and clean me out. It's a hard process, but exciting to know I am becoming that much closer to being used for really great things for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment