"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In Need Of Some Advice

I need advice on how to potty train a little boy. Alexander won't poop in the toilet! I know he knows where the poop goes and what to do, but he just won't do it. How did you get your little ones over the fear of pooping in the toilet?

Any advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Something else I would like some advice on is teaching my kids their letters and numbers. What is a good way to teach them their ABC's and numbers? I really want to spend time with them to set these foundations, but I don't know how to go about it.

Again any advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Have a good day and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. About the potty. I just let time work that out. The way I see it is we all learn eventually. I've never seen anyone wearing a diaper at graduation or their wedding. So, I never really "did" anything with any of my kiddos. They all just eventually "got it."

    About the letters and numbers. I would have them trace them and say them outloud with them.

    Hope this helps in some way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think with me having 5 kids I could offer at least a little advice. But I really can't! All I've learned is that they are all different. I thought I had all the answers when I had my first kid, but after the 5th I've realized that I don't really know anything....just love them all individually and teach them the way it works best for them. Pray and everything will be fine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am a mother of 5. Two boys and three girls with 2 years between each. I will say that girls are easier than boys. Before it was all said and done I spent 12 years changing diapers. I was praising the Lord when that was behind us. That is one thing I do not miss.

    ReplyDelete