"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Been A Long Time...

Hello! Sorry for the hiatus. I don't even have a valid excuse, so I'm not going to try. I have some news.

My husband, Derek, has myelofibrosis. Which to put it simply is a blood disease that has turned his bone marrow fibrous. He is in need of a bone marrow transplant.

Now for the good news! His brother is a perfect match! Praise God!

We will be leaving for Seattle on May 4th for 4 months to start the treatment and transplant process. He will need to get chemo for 6 days and then they will give him the transplant.

My wonderful sister Sarah has graciously agreed to let my mom and my kids move into her house for 4 months while we are gone. My wonderful Mother has agreed to watch my 3 kids while we are gone for 4 months. God has blessed me with such wonderful family. I have also found a temporary home for my dogs. God has provided for details that seem small, but are in fact big for me.

I can't describe the ache in my heart when I think about leaving my precious kids. If you could pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

I will keep you updated on the progress of everything!

I get my laptop on Monday! I'm very excited. I'm kind of an electronics junkie. I've really missed this blog! Well that's all for now my 3 readers.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment