"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Friday, April 10, 2009

A Much Needed Date

Derek and I went on a date last night! It was wonderful! The food was great and the company even better (don't judge for the cheese). A good friend watched the kids while Derek and I got some time to ourselves.

After dinner we went to Starbucks and got a coffee. We sat there and just talked. There were no interruptions! Nobody asking for more juice, no diapers to change, no wiping mouths, or worrying about somebody spilling what was in their cup.

It felt like it did when we were first married and we had the luxury of being selfish with our time. When we got home, I felt energized, relaxed, and happy. It was all much needed.

On a side note: if you could please pray that we find a home for our German Shepherd, I would appreciate it. I had a lady lined up, but she misunderstood me and wants to keep him-forever. I'm not quite willing to relinquish my hold on the Mosey bear.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment