"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Friday, September 2, 2011

Who Turned Off The Lights?!?

I was driving home this morning after dropping the kids off at school and getting some coffee and all of a sudden I felt this overwhelming sense of sadness. It was like someone turned off all of the lights plunging me into darkness. I hate this feeling. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does sometimes.

When I feel this way I have to make the conscious decision not to stay there. I have to reach out to God and crawl out of that pit of despair. The problem is the flesh wants to reside there. It's a place where sin breeds and abounds. It's place without God. I don't want to be anywhere where He isn't present. It's a scary and yucky place.

"He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and break their bands in sunder" Psalm 107:14

1 comment:

  1. I hate that feeling too! I recently read "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti. Have you read it before? It really made me think about all the forces of good and evil in a whole different way and stressed how important prayer is. It's a pretty amazing book!

    ReplyDelete