I love the word etymology. It's a gorgeous word that is fun to say. The meaning is one I hold very dear.
- the derivation of a word
- a chronological account of the birth and development of aparticular word or element of a word, often delineating itsspread from one language to another and its evolvingchanges in form and meaning.
- the study of historical linguistic change, especially asmanifested in individual words.
A word I hate is deform. It's such a nasty word. You hear it and cringe, any word that brings about that kind of reaction is not a good word.
- to mar the natural form or shape of; put out of shape; disfigure
- to make ugly, ungraceful, or displeasing; mar the beautyof; spoil
- to change the form of; transform.