"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Monday, July 28, 2008

God In His Saving Grace

My precious Alexander asked Jesus into his heart this morning! How wonderful is that?

Yesterday at dinner Alexander and I had a conversation that went a little something like this:

Alexander: "Where is God?"
Me: "In Heaven."
Alexander: "I want to go there and be with God."
Me(not really knowing what to say): "You can't honey until you die and then you can only get to Heaven if you accept Jesus in your heart."
Alexander: "I want to do that."
Me: Silence

I thought that maybe it was just a 3 year old being curious or something so I praised God for the sweet things he said and sadly did nothing. Until I talked to my Mom this morning and told her about the conversation and she reminded me that God had prompted his heart. That God is calling Alexander early. She also reminded me of the story of Samuel.

So this morning when Alexander got up I reminded him of our conversation yesterday and asked him if he still wanted to accept Jesus in his heart and he said yes. So we prayed and Alexander asked Jesus to come into his heart and save him. I know he probably doesn't know what exactly that means, but he will. And I know God has big plans for him and is indeed calling him early.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God from Whom all blessing flow, and here the blessing of prompting his heart at such a young age!!!

    ReplyDelete