"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Going Here, Going There

We had our second day of appointments today.

Yesterday Derek had his blood drawn, he had a physical, and we met his nurse, her name is Pat. Who I love by the way! God has certainly blessed us. Every person we have encountered has been wonderful. Our apartment is awesome. The managers are nice and we have met people going through the same things we are. Please pray that God's light shines through us.

Today we met with a financial representative. Her name is Sarah and she's great. (I'm going to have to come up with some better adjectives) She handles all of our insurance/financial stuff. We also met with a social worker, her name is Doris. She handles social work stuff (I'm not exactly sure what that entails) She was great too. Then we met with his doctor and Derek signed a stack of paper that rivaled mortgage paperwork.

Tomorrow is a big day. Derek has a bone marrow biopsy, a blood draw, a pulmonary function test, an oral check-up w/x-rays, and radiology for MUGA (which evaluates the function of his heart). Please pray the bone marrow biopsy goes smoothly.

The tentative plan is for Derek to start chemo on May 20th and transplant May 28th. That could change, but as of now that's it.

We are doing well. We are adjusting. Derek is adjusting to not working and I'm adjusting to life outside of my children. It's harder than I thought it was going to be.

I miss them so much. It's funny. It's the little things that I find myself craving. Alexander's tendency to give random hugs and "I love you's" Ashley's tendency to make-up songs and dance and Asher's tendency to eat everything he can touch and the snuggling he does when he's tired. God is sustaining me in a way I didn't know was possible.

He gave me these verses this morning:

(1a)"Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. (2) When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. (3) For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, they Savior: I gave Egypt for they ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. (4) Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honorable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. (5) Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring they seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; (7) Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isaiah 43:1a-5, 7

I know it's long, but it was such a comfort to my heart. He is such a wonderful and gracious God.

If you have any questions at all, please ask in your comment and I will do my best to answer them. Thank you for your prayers they are much appreciated.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment