"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Hickman Line

Hello everybody! I hope your Memorial Day weekends went well. We had a great weekend. We drove to Sunnyside to see our kids. It was so great! I'll post pictures later. If you are wondering why weren't in church it's because we have to be careful about being around large groups of people. The potential to get sick rises and if I get sick I can't care for Derek. That's one of the reasons the kids are staying in Sunnyside while we are here. I don't have words to describe how wonderful it was to see the kids. I got to hug and cuddle them, read them stories, pray with them, and play with them. It was hard to leave them and they cried, but I know that God has them in the palm of His hand.

We are waiting right now for Derek to get his Hickman line put in. If you want to know what that is click here. The procedure should take about 90 minutes. After the procedure Derek is not allowed to sign any documents, make life altering decisions, or assume the care of another person for 12-24 hours. I thought that was pretty funny.

Derek is being admitted tomorrow. He also gets his first round of chemo tomorrow. I will let you all know how that goes tomorrow.

Thank you for all your prayers! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment