"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Moving It Back

The last I wrote Derek was having his oral examination and the result of that was...he needs 4 teeth pulled and the roots amputated on the another 2. Derek can't have dental work done for a year after his transplant. The reason is that he will have no immune system and the mouth is a dirty place. The risk for infection and bacteria leaking out is high while working on teeth, they want to take care of any (potential) problems now. So he had 2 pulled yesterday and the roots amputated on another 2. When we got home last night around 7, Derek took something for the pain and crashed. I was glad he got some good sleep. He had some bleeding today, which is a cause of concern for patients at SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance), because their platelet counts can drop. I called the nurse and she said his latest blood draw showed that his platelet counts were OK. She also said that if the bleeding didn't get better in a half hour to call. Praise God though because it subsided. Because he has this dental stuff going on they postponed his chemo/transplant a week. Instead of starting chemo on the 20th and transplant on the 28th he is starting chemo on the 27th and transplant on the 4th. This is also tentative, but I will let you know the changes in the schedule as I get them.

I took my classes this past week. Boy was there a lot of info. Please pray that I retain the knowledge. I am also insecure about my ability to care for Derek after his transplant. I know that God will give me strength and through Him I can do all things, but Derek and I feel as of late that we are being attacked. I'm pretty sure that this is where the insecurity is coming from. Please pray for protection over our minds and hearts.

The kids are doing well. I talk to them on the phone and I can tell they are happy. My mom is doing a great job with them. Please continue to pray for her. I know she appreciates it. I'm hoping to see them soon. Grizzie (Asher) is talking up a storm. Ashley is pretty much potty trained (all credit goes to my mom). Alexander is probably working on solving some math equation (if you know Alexander, you get why I say that).

Oscar is at a rescue, awaiting adoption. Though this does break my heart, I am at peace with it. Through Godly council God made me see that this was the best option for my family. I do feel a tremendous amount of relief that he is being taken care of. I can now focus more of my energy on our situation here instead of on the problem with Oscar.

I believe that is all the news for now. Thanks for reading and for all your prayers.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment