"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wordy Wednesday!

I dedicate this week's installment of Wordy Wednesday to Gabrielle. She challenged me to find a word I love and hate that rhymed. I'll admit I kinda cheated by going to one of those rhyming web sites. I found a word I loved and then put it in the web site and they gave me words that rhymed. So without further adieu here is Wordy Wednesday!

I love the word actuate! Not only is it fun to say, but I love the meaning.

ac·tu·ate  
[ak-choo-eyt]
verb (used with object)
1. to incite or move to action; impel; motivate
2. to put into action; start a process; turn on


I hate the word desecrate! It's a horrible word and just saying it makes me upset.


des·e·crate  
[des-i-kreyt]
verb (used with object)
1. to divest of sacred or hallowed character or office
2. to divert from a sacred to a profane use or purpose
3. to treat with sacrilege; profane

3 comments:

  1. So what you're saying is Johnny Depp actuates me? Wow, sounds way more snooty than "turns me on!" haha Thank you for enlarging my vocabulary, this is loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice desecrate and defecate rhyme? Just thought I would bring that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, that is awesome! I would have picked really easy words, but you rocked the challenge. :) I think you just made my day!

    I give you five stars! : *****

    ReplyDelete