"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Monday, January 14, 2008

Answer To A Question

Rachel asked "Do you ever feel like you have access to the All-Powerful God, but you don't know how to really use the power?"

That's heavy. I do feel like that. I always feel like I'm shortchanging myself in my relationship with God. That maybe if I tried harder and read more I would know Him better and if I knew Him better I would know how to use His power.

I think using God's power would be for things like witnessing and prayer. I don't feel like I pray very effectively or witness effectively for that matter. Does that make sense? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. I did not mean to be so "heavy." It is however, what has been on my mind lately. See, I feel like I know God and trust and claim His promises in many areas. But when I'm struggling, I don't feel like I'm accessing His power to rise above the struggle or behave Christlike thru it. It's like what I know to be true and how I act are in conflict.....I sound like Paul in Romans now. Thanks for answering it in its heaviness!

    ReplyDelete