"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sacrifices...The Good Kind

Derek asked me something that was very interesting. He asked "Do you think we are asked to give up our dreams to help our children realize theirs?"

That got me to thinking. I absolutely think so. Look at Jesus. He gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have the ultimate dream-Heaven.

I had this dream when I was a little girl. I wanted to be a model. I tried last year. I went to this thing where there were a bunch of modeling agents. They didn't chose me. I was pretty upset for a while. After much prayer I had a realization. The kind that only God can provide. Modeling requires a lot of away time from home. Time away from my kids and husband. Time away that meant I wouldn't be making lunch, praying, kissing boo boos, kissing goodnight, and giving horsey rides. Now that I think about it, I'm so glad. I'm glad God knew better what I wanted. I would make that "sacrifice" again ten more times.

Just one more thing God refined in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment