"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Part 2: Isaiah 12:1-6

It's taken me awhile to post "part 2", but I feel a little overwhelmed with everything that is going on. God has been amazing though. I had a break down yesterday and doubted Him. He came through though just like He promised He would.


Isaiah 12:1-6 is a great passage and since it is so long I am providing the link so you can read it. He gave me this the day I got out of the hospital from having Ashley. I had to leave my little girl behind and it killed me to do so. I was desperate for something and this is what He gave me.

The passage talks about praising Him for He has done excellent things. That He is our salvation and strength. I often forget that in times like this. You'd think I would remember it, but when things get desperate and hard I tend to feel like I need to do it all myself. That's when we should lean heaviest on Him. He loves to comfort us.

I didn't have a dad around all the time growing up. So the picture of God being our Father really comforted me. I picture myself going to God upset and He picks me up, puts me on His lap, and wipes my tears away. Something I always wanted my earthly father to do.

When He blesses my heart with Scripture that's exactly what He is doing. He is wiping my tears away with His divine words.

We'll see if I can get "part 3" on here soon. He has blessed me tremendously with Scripture, I hope that some of what He gave me can bless you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being so honest, all of this has been a blessing. You are a blessing, I love you, mama

    ReplyDelete