"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Monday, January 14, 2008

The Encouragement I Needed

I'm having surgery this Friday. I'm pretty nervous about it. I was praying this morning that God would give me some Scripture that would calm my heart. God and I have always had a kind of system when I read the Bible. I don't know if you would call it a system necessarily, but I don't know what else to call it.

Anyway, whenever I really need Scripture to speak to me I ask God to show me something. So I open my Bible where ever and look at the pages. I did that today and He gave me Jeremiah 17:7&8, that's right Mom :) Those verses say "7Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

It was just what I needed to calm down. I love how intimately He knows us. I don't know how people do it who don't know Him. When things like this are happening, what do they do? Who do they go to for comfort?

I thought I'd share with you how awesome God is, but I'm sure you already knew that :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool. Funny that you were given that verse since I have a book for you from Mom, based on those verses. :)

    I'm so glad the Lord has given you a peace; surgery is a lil scary, that's fo sho! But it's so nice that we have a Comforter.

    ReplyDelete