"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, January 3, 2008

God Is So Good!

God Is Good All The Time
God is awesome! I love that He cares about what seem to be insignificant things. What I'm learning is that nothing about us is insignificant to Him.

Last night or should I say Very early this morning at 12:30 a.m. Alexander woke up crying and very upset. He wouldn't get in bed with us and at first wouldn't get in my lap. I thought that maybe he had a nightmare. I started to sing "Jesus Loves Me", that's what I always sing to the kids. It calmed him some, but he was still pretty upset. He said that he was scared. I asked him if he wanted me to pray and he tearfully replied "yes". I started to pray and it went kind of like this:

"Jesus, I just ask right now that you would comfort Alexander and take away his nightmare and help him not to be scared. Hold him and love him, Lord Jesus. We ask all of these things in Jesus's Name. Amen."

Before I even said Amen he was asleep! Isn't that awesome!? I know that God wrapped His arms around Alexander and took away all of his fear.

Phillipians 4:6&7: "6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

How true these verses are! God is Good!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I think it's so amazing that even though they are so young, they feel God's peace in their hearts through prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that! Very cool!
    When my children are scared, I tell them what my Mom told me growing up:
    "What time I am afraid, I will put my trust in God." (it was "Thee" when I was growing up)

    ReplyDelete