"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Take Joy My King

I had some song sheets from church stuffed in my Bible. I came across them yesterday when I opened my Bible. There were two songs that really blessed me. I'll talk about one of them (if I went over both this would be a very long entry), I'll talk about the other song in a different entry.

Anyway, the song was I Love You Lord. It goes like this:

I love You Lord, and I lift my voice
To worship You, O my soul, rejoice

Take joy my King, in what You hear
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear


That song got me thinking about God taking joy in me. I've never thought about that before (sadly). I've thought about me taking joy in God. Because lets face it, His joy is awesome! I was thinking though about how I long for God to be joyful about me. For Him to look at me, one of his many creations, and have utter joy.

Joy that I came to Him first. That when everything felt like it was collapsing around me and I couldn't breathe, I got on my knees and cried out to Him. I know that God doesn't take joy in our sufferings and pain. I know He doesn't rejoice that Derek has cancer.

I do think He takes joy in the outcome of our sufferings though. That through all of this I learn to come before Him and be exposed at the first sign of trouble in my life. That while it may be o.k. to have doubts about what is going on in my life, it's not o.k. to hold onto those doubts and try to handle them myself. Because we all know how incompetent we are when it comes to God's job.

"The Lord is with you, while ye be with Him; and if ye seek Him, He will be found of you;"
2 Chronicles 15:2a&b

No comments:

Post a Comment