"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Letter to a Linebacker

Dear James Harrison (linebacker for the Steelers),

I compliment your boldness. Or is it craziness? Regardless, my compliments to you (that will be the only one). While I agree with parts of your attack on Goodell's character, I have to say I don't know how smart it was to insult the guy that has the power to suspend and/or fine you during the next regular season (provided it actually happens).

Shame on you for using an anti-gay slur though. Not only is it insulting to others, it's bad PR for you. But I guess I don't really care about your PR.

 It would have been interesting to see you whisper in Goodell's ear had you won the Superbowl. I wonder if that moment would have been caught on camera. It's almost worth me changing who I rooted for in the Superbowl. Almost, but not quite.

I do have to say calling Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi "clowns" was I think inappropriate. I don't know why or the context in which it was said in the article, but I'm thinking they commented on your performance and you didn't like it too much. Truth hurts, huh? I'm not gonna comment on Brian Cushing and how you said he was "juiced out of his mind", mostly because I don't know if he juices. What I do want to know is if you have irrefutable proof that he does?

The most idiotic part of your comments though was attacking your own teammates. It takes an entire team to lose a game. I'm thinking that if the Packers scored 31 points that was the defenses fault. You are on the defense, right? I applaud Mendenhall for providing a link to his stats for last season. Way to discredit the idiotic comment! Now I'm not one of Roethlisberger's biggest fans, but telling him how to do his job and insulting him at the same time seems a little oh I don't know haughty, egotistical, pompous, presumptuous...I could go on all day I suppose so I'll leave the adjectives at those four. I'm waiting to see what Roethlisberger says. I'm hoping it's really good. I guess we'll see how much damage you've done when the article actually comes out in the August issue of Men's Journal. Personally I'm hoping the damage is irreversible, but then again I don't like you. At all.


Kindest Regards,

Erica Anderson

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile! :) I know nothing about football, but have fun watching with my family and friends. Basically the only games I have ever completely watched are high school games and the SuperBowl. (food is a plus! LOL)

    ReplyDelete