"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wordy Wednesday!

I love the word Accost. Mostly just because I love to say it. I've never used definition 3 and don't plan to in the near future, although I may have to look up what a procurer is.

ac·cost  
[uh-kawst, uh-kost]


–verb (used with object)
  1. To confront boldly.
  2. To approach, especially with a greeting, question, or remark.
  3. (of prostitutes, procurers, etc.) to solicit for sexual purposes. 
I absolutely positively hate the word pic! Because picture is such a long word we need to shorten it! Come on people! 

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Aww...what cute pics! *GRIN* I'm afraid I've been guilty of using "pics"! How dare you accost me! (#1 of course!)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when people say 'hols' instead of holidays. Hols does not sound relaxing or exciting like 'holiday'. It sounds plain dreary.

    Btw, I got here via my friend's blog, "My little random thoughts".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas, I've never heard anyone say 'hols' for holiday but if I did I might laugh in their face. That has to be the worst abbreviation for a word I've heard. Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna go check out your blog and I love "My little random thoughts", it's a great blog!

    ReplyDelete