"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Monday, December 24, 2007

Are They Twins??

I don't really have much else to write about so I will write about a recent and kind of funny conversation I had with complete strangers.

This is the second time this question has been asked, btw. After the Santa Clause Experience I was leaving the mall with Alexander and Ashley (they were in a double stroller) when I passed by a lady who was doing the car seat thing, you know piling the blankets on and putting the cover on. Anyway, I heard her baby cry and being the curious person I am (some would say nosy) I asked her how old her baby was. The exchange went something like this:

Me: "How old is your baby?"
Her: "2 months old."
Me: "Oh, I have a 3.5 month old."
Lady next to 'Her': "You have a 3 month old?!?, are they twins (pointing to A&A)?"
Me: "No, he is 2.5 and she is 1.5"
Her: "Wow, you must be busy" and in my mind she said something like "You must be Super Mom"

I get that a lot, not the Super Mom thing, but the busy thing. I am busy and some days it is really hard. But not as hard as some people think. I wouldn't trade it for anything, in fact I love how close my kids are. I love seeing peoples' reactions when I tell them how old my kids are.

It's comical.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you get some raised eyebrows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that too a LOT when they were little bitty....I had my 3 in 3 1/2 years. I don't get it anymore and I'm sad....because I'm still REALLY busy :)

    ReplyDelete