"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Questionnaire

I am gonna fill out Sarah's questionnaire.

Christmas Questionnaire
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. I get really stressed out about there being a fire because of the tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Day after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not too much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The stereo I received. It had a CD player and everything :)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Derek and I got it in Israel. It's made of real olive wood.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Uncle Lee or Terie.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Definetly Meg.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? None. :(
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I have money.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peanut clusters and these oatmeal things that are wonderful
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, always colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Little Town of Bethlehem and Jingle Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we are staying home, Yay!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, see below
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? All on Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People seem to get grumpier instead of happier
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would love a video camera
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Not sure
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm making a roast this year

I decided to look up the names of Santa's eight reindeer to see if it really is "Donder" Here is what I found:
Two of the reindeer names, Donner/Donder and Blitzen, are often the source of confusion, misspelling, and misinformation. The short facts are these: Donner/Donder and Blitzen were named ''Dunder'' and ''Blixem'' (the Dutch words for ''thunder'' and ''lightning'') in the original printing of "A Visit From St. Nicholas." In reprints of the poem, the names became ''Donder'' and ''Blixen,'' then ''Donder'' and ''Blitzen'' (the latter being German for ''lightning''). By the time Johnny Marks wrote "Rudolph," it was ''Donner'' and ''Blitzen'' (possibly because ''Donder'' was musically awkward). See Snopes.com for a thorough discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the clarification! Love that you looked that up for me. I'm much too lazy to do it myself.

    Obviously. Or I would have known all that wonderful, oh-so-useful information.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete