"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Christie Curse Strikes Again

I'm all ready to go shopping and take the kids to get their picture taken with Santa. I also had a bunch of errands to run which is exciting because I got to get out of the house. I even put my make-up on today which is a rarity. I also curled Ashley's hair and put their cute outfits on.

Derek went and started the car (he was home for lunch) and then came in and helped me get the kids' shoes and coats on. I got Asher buckled into his car seat. We go out to the car and get everyone buckled in and the car dies. Yep, my car died!

Being the genius mechanic that I am I say to Derek "I think it's the battery" So he called his "boss" and he says the same thing. He jumped it and it started, Yay! So the new plan was to drop the kids off at Grandma Kay's and go get a new battery, then go on with the original plan.

Did you know that the Christie Curse doesn't work that way?

I'm driving and I could tell it was going to die because the ABS light is on and the windshield wipers barely work (there is a blizzard, of course). The car died again, but this time it's right in the middle of the road. Thankfully Derek was behind me and gave me another jump, it started and Derek told me to just go home. Wouldn't you know the car died right as I pulled up to our house.

So no shopping or Santa today which is really sad. Alexander started crying which almost started my tears. He was disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing Santa.

Derek has to get a battery after work. So maybe tomorrow, but who knows what The Curse will decide to affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment