"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Friday, December 28, 2007

The Wilderness

Do you ever feel like you are in the wilderness, wandering around like the Israelites with no purpose?

To be honest, Butte has been the wilderness for my family. We moved here about 2 1/2 years ago for my husband's job. Things happened and he isn't even with that job anymore. Money has been tight to say the least and I miss my family like crazy. I had never been away from them before. Before you assume this is one big pity party-keep reading.

Even with all that, moving here was the best decision Derek and I made. God led us here. Even though some people said He didn't.

My husband and I are closer than ever and he actually gets to spend time with our kids now. So back to my original point--the wilderness.

My mother gave me this fantastic verse in Hosea. Chapter 2 verse 14 "Therefore, behold, I will allure, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her." There is a superscript next to comfortably that says "comfort, literally to her heart".

Isn't that great? He allured us here, but He didn't forget about us. He speaks to my heart daily. He promised He would. Just like the Israelites I know we are in the wilderness to learn and grow. Because we all know we don't learn when things are going smoothly. I wish it were the case, but sadly it is not.

If you are in your own wilderness right now, I hope you take comfort in this verse. I know I did.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!!! He leads us there! AND He stays there with us. Thanks for sharing this. I found you through our common intersts (namely: Francine Rivers)
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete