"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Really Out Of Control

Remember my post about getting books every once in awhile? Well, since that post I think I have read 4 books. Yes that's right 4!

Now before you get all judgemental I haven't been neglecting my kids or house. For reals. I read when they nap and in the mornings. Sometimes at night if there isn't anything on T.V. and Derek is on the computer.

I finished reading the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury and wouldn't ya know it she has a series after that called The Firstborn series. I just finished number 4 and am dying to know what happens next.

This sounds pathetic I know, but Karen Kingsbury truly has gift. She is able to suck you in.

I get the books from Hastings and they have this wonderful system. You can bring your used books in for credit. I'm actually not paying the $13.99 it costs for each book. I took back some books and the last book only cost me $2.62. The good thing is that my addiction isn't costing me a fortune. I think I need a 12 step program. Either that or some self-control, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

I'm dying to read book 5, but I'm making myself wait. Derek probably thinks I'm insane, but in my defense he should have known that when he married me :)

1 comment:

  1. I was introduced to Karen Kingsbury earlier this year and like you, I was instantly hooked. Like Sarah said, after the Firstborn Series is the Sunrise series plus all of the other books I have read by her are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete