"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

~Philippians 1:6


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas On Our Own

This was the first Christmas since Derek and I got married that it was just us...and our kids. And I loved it. I loved not having to travel and be stressed. I loved that it was OUR tree that the presents were under. And I loved not going out in the cold. This is Ashley in her Christmas dress. Brian and Danielle got it for her. It's adorable.

This is the giant Tonka truck we got Alexander. He loves it. He has turned into quite the pack rat. He puts things in the back and pushes it around the house or just sits with it. Usually he puts his sippy cup, flashlight, his guns, Mike the buffalo (which he named), and his cell phone. It's pretty funny. Asher didn't get very much. Considering he's pretty much aware of only his hands and feet I don't think he cared. This is him in his santa suit.
I made dinner which turned out o.k. Overall Christmas was awesome.

I'm sad that it's over now. I'm always plagued by depression after Christmas. I've been trying really hard this year to focus on the blessings God has given us. That has helped me tremendously. I hope you all had a blessed Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, how do you get such fat babies? He's so roly-poly!

    Ashley looks beautiful! And I think Jaylee would have been happier with a Tonka truck than the toys we got her.

    ReplyDelete